9/25/08

Teeth..Sleep..and Chickenpox????

I haven't updated in about a week, and even longer for an Avery update so I figured it was time! We have big news in that she FINALLY has a new tooth!! It is officially through and everything. This is the first tooth for us, and she is a week shy of 11 months! Cullen didn't get teeth until he was 1 I guess, so hopefully she will be blessed with his teeth and not mine!

We were up celebrating our nephew Conner's birthday party last Saturday. He turned 1! It was so much fun. I planned to upload pics right away, but our power cord broke to our computer, so no new pics until that gets fixed..but then trust me, there will be lots! He is getting to be such a big boy, and we had a great time. On Sunday, we got a call that he broke out with the chickenpox! So we are nervously awaiting our sweet girl to get them too. They said this is a pretty good age to get them I guess. Maybe she will be lucky and won't get them, but it's doubtful. Conner is feeling better though, so that is the best news.

Avery is now officially sleeping though the night...or so we wish. Yes, our big girl still likes to get up at least one, and sometimes even twice a night. We've tried the cry it out, and about everything else we can think of, and she just likes to get up. She eats a little and goes right back to bed, so it isn't that bad, but Cullen and I are beginning to wonder if we will ever get more then 6 consecutive hours of sleep a night again. But she does go to bed great, which is wonderful. I figure she will when she is ready..right???!!! Oh well..she is her own little lady and we love her to pieces!

Other than that, she is just as busy as ever. I'm thinking it won't be long before we have a walker..I'm guessing right around her birthday. She can stand by herself for a very little bit, and hardly has to hang on to stuff. She motors all around! Her new favorite thing is to play in the refrigerator, and try to stand up in the bathtub. (Well she does stand up, so I guess it is that she tries not to slip and fall down!)It has been so much fun, and I can't believe she will be 1 in a little over a month. That is really all I guess. I will post some new pics of her when we get our new power cord in the mail..should be any day now. :)