11/4/08

One Year!

Avery had her one year well child visit yesterday. Poor girl, it has taken us a couple weeks because she has had ear infection, pink eye, and her little bit of pneumonia or whatever that was. So we finally got to go yesterday and everything looks great! She was 30 inches "tall"! I got excited that we get to call her tall instead of long, now that she is officially vertical! That put her in the 85th % for height! She weighed 21 lbs. which put her in the 50% for weight! So she is growing great. I don't remember what her head measured at, but I now it was in the 90% which is crazy to me..I don't think she has a big head! I guess she is just destined to be brilliant! :) Wednesday also marked one year since we got to bring her home from the NICU! We dug the glider out and took a picture of her in there, since we have a picture of her in it the day we brought her home. I will definitely get it up this weekend. I have been crazy busy these last few weeks, so I haven't been the best blogger!

My other news is that my younger brother Jeff moved to Florida yesterday. It was a sad good-bye. Who knew I would be so sad about that big dork moving away?! It is very exciting for him though. He got a great job down there, working for the Florida Sports Foundation. I think he gets to work with the professional/amateur sports teams down there. I don't know all the details, but will fill in when I do. All I know is he gets to leave this freezing tundra and the perfect time. Still, we are going to miss him like crazy... :( but like I said, it is such a great opportunity for him, so we're going to be happy for him, even though we're sad for us. :) Avery misses you already Uncle Jeff!

0 comments: