5/11/08

Happy Mother's Day!

Just wanted to say Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and take a minute to be a little sappy as I'm feeling emotional today :) Mother's Day has taken on a new meaning to me this year as I celebrate it as a new mom...I sit here as I've put my little one down to bed and I am thinking about it what it all it really means to me, as a new mom. To some its about being pampered for enduring 40 plus weeks (or 33 1/2 :) of feeling nauseous, heart burn, cankles, feet that don't fit into any shoes, back pain, among other countless ailments, only to be faced with the joy of labor pains and all of the other fun stuff we go through AFTER they are born, like the leaky boobs, sleepless nights, accepting the piles of laundry and messy houses, etc. :) For others its a celebration of what motherhood really is and simply being thanked for the hard work and sacrifice it takes to raise a child on a daily basis.

But for me, I'm realizing it is a day to be thankful. Thankful that I have a healthy, beautiful child, especially after the rough start that she endured.. thankful that I am healthy enough to do the everyday things with her that are taken for granted by so many; thankful that I have a husband who loves me and our daughter and is so amazing to both of us and SO thankful I am blessed with still having a beautiful mom to go for advice and guidance as I start this journey into motherhood for myself. So today, for me, I've realized its not about the gifts or the glory, but the little things that I know I take for granted on a daily basis. Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful moms!

0 comments: