12/20/09

Blog Book!!!!!!!!

So to all of my blogger friends...you MUST do one of these!!!!  There is a website called blurb.com and it takes your blog and turns it into a book.  It is pretty easy.  You can change layouts, colors, do tons of cool stuff, or just keep it simple and follow their layouts.  You can do hardcovers, dust jackets, square books.  Mine is just the 81/2 x 11 hardcover.  It really didn't take much time.  I changed a few things but kept it pretty simple.  I meant to do it last year after her first birthday but am a little behind, so I made it of Avery's first two years and it is beyond what I expected.  It is just so awesome.  They aren't really super expensive either.  Mine was very long, like 250 pages and it was still under $100.  It is great quality.  She loves to look at it, so I actually think I'm going to order another one to put up for her and let her keep this one out to look at.  I tried to take some pics, but I suck at product photography.  Guess I need to work on that.  Really though, if you have been keeping up with a blog, I can't recommend this enough!!!!!!!!!!!




4 comments:

The Stantons said...

This is great Jen! I'm going to try to do this each year for Shae as well. Thanks for sharing!

Kristie said...

This is on my list to do after the holidays. I am so glad to hear the blurb did a great job! What an amazing memory for you guys!

Melissa said...

I did one of these for Logan's 1st year on Blurb. Not the blog to the book, but will definitely do that for this next year! Thanks for the tip. So much cheaper than Shutterfly and great quality!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Hi,
My daughter M is in your reading class. She has been telling me all about you, and then she mentioned you had a blog. I just had to check it out:) What a sweet place to share about your little Avery. Loved the Christmas pics.

I'm off to check out this blurb site. I've always wanted to have my blog made into a book. Thanks for the tip!